• HouSsEM: poxer
    February 23, 2018, 07:32:19 pm
  • HouSsEM: Yo
    February 23, 2018, 07:32:05 pm
  • poxer: which page?
    February 22, 2018, 03:46:07 pm
  • (1)(2)(3): hi
    February 22, 2018, 01:48:28 pm
  • AlphaMale: So hash Can we use Cleo with CAC now that it specifies what cheat you're using? Like the pic on the page?
    February 22, 2018, 02:19:04 am
  • AlphaMale: Finally i can send messages
    February 22, 2018, 02:18:38 am
  • AlphaMale: 8)
    February 22, 2018, 02:18:31 am
  • hash_: Everyone update your ac client,find newest  version here [link] >> download client
    February 19, 2018, 03:45:13 am
  • hadi_: [link]
    February 15, 2018, 07:30:56 pm
  • hadi_: pm pls
    February 15, 2018, 07:27:20 pm
  • hadi_: dont install ac
    February 15, 2018, 07:27:17 pm
  • hadi_: my pc is shitty
    February 15, 2018, 07:27:08 pm
  • P4c: and i dont understand a word from your topic tho
    February 15, 2018, 07:25:40 pm
  • P4c: hadi i can't post in ban appeals,and i don't know why you made that topic in ban appeal's since noone has banned you,i kicked you because you are forced to play with AC afaik
    February 15, 2018, 07:25:29 pm
  • poxer: Resuelto
    February 14, 2018, 02:27:01 pm
  • chriscrew7: Poxer Smoker fue baneado dice , que entro y comenzo a morir varias veces y baneado
    February 14, 2018, 03:42:55 am
  • poxer: abc123
    February 13, 2018, 11:35:12 pm
  • Franco529: what is the contra of the ac
    February 13, 2018, 11:19:43 pm
  • Quickplay: ye read here [link]
    February 13, 2018, 09:40:42 pm
  • samuu: someone can give me link of SAMP download r1, seems like R2 doesnt work on ac
    February 13, 2018, 09:27:37 pm
  • Quickplay: The fun part is that he's talking for more than 1 week like he knew everything, while he doesn't know AC isn't a proof that someone is clean 100%
    February 13, 2018, 06:23:25 pm
  • Quickplay: He should be his brother or something like that.
    February 13, 2018, 06:22:37 pm
  • poxer: how come you talk so much shit related to his ban? It's his, not yours, what are you, his girlfriend? Get lost
    February 13, 2018, 03:00:59 pm
  • getRekt__: but just wanted to prove how shit you are, you're banning player for cheats while he is playing with AC. Still confused how come a newbie like you can become an admin
    February 13, 2018, 07:35:17 am
  • Franco529: can someone tell the admin booba if he can answer me in ban appeals please a ban
    February 12, 2018, 10:34:29 pm
  • Quickplay: getRekt__: unprecedented don't care lol he's been banned so many times for this same shit reason because admins are so unskilled noobs, they don't know the difference between an aimbotter and a skilled player--> ok, you could have spared us all that drama then
    February 12, 2018, 07:30:23 pm
  • samuu: that's because the system detected me as macros
    February 12, 2018, 03:28:52 pm
  • samuu: whenever you had time read your PM @hash
    February 12, 2018, 03:27:46 pm
  • getRekt__: unprecedented don't care lol he's been banned so many times for this same shit reason because admins are so unskilled noobs, they don't know the difference between an aimbotter and a skilled player.
    February 12, 2018, 01:27:48 pm
  • poxer: or this one [link]
    February 11, 2018, 10:22:38 pm

Author Topic: Maximizing your in-game FPS  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Teel

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Maximizing your in-game FPS
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:56:13 pm »
Ill update this as I go along, but here I will basically try to list as many things as possible that you can use to maximize your frames per second (FPS).

1. In-game Settings
Firstly, you want to go in-game, click ESC on your keyboard, then go into Options -> Display Setup -> Advanced and set the following settings: Draw Distance to minimum (zero blips), Frame Limiter to OFF, Visual FX Quality to LOW and Anti Aliasing to OFF.

Lowering your in-game resolution will also help A LOT, turning widescreen to OFF may help as well, although if the resolution you choose differs from your native resolution it may not be very aesthetically pleasing. You may get black bars appearing on the sides of your screen.

Here's a picture to clarify:

2. Crashes.asi
Download crashes.asi by Whitetiger. It includes some FPS optimizations and fixes other various bugs in the game. Useful overall, not just for FPS. You can download it here: https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/gtasa_crashfix/releases

If crashes.asi doesn't work you may need .asi loader, which you can download here: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321 Put it in your main San Andreas directory.

3. An FPS-friendly timecyc
Try out the FPS-increasing timecyc made by Marko. Click on this text to download it. Here's a video demonstrating how it looks http://youtu.be/7t1F5XRF_Co. There's another timecyc linked in the post below also worth trying out. As of yet I'm unsure which one is better.

4. Resolution packs
ABK low resolution pack
This will remove dust when firing at the ground, gun-smoke, clouds at high altitude, low-res grass, along with some other low res textures. It also includes some other smaller things such as removed jet pack trail from its boosters, Nitro trail from the exhaust pipes, etc.. Not a HUGE graphical difference so don't expect this to make your game look like shit. This should bring you about 10 additional frames per second.
Link: http://anybodykillas.ucoz.com/randomshit/GTASA_LOWRES_PACK-ABK-.7z

ABK super low resolution
This one has a lot more stuff removed. This is a drastic cosmetic effect, but if you need it, use it. The other particle.txd included in the mod/pack should be sufficient for most, although this will also increase it.
Link: http://anybodykillas.ucoz.com/randomshit/particle.txd

[Files included: generic(vehicle.txd, wheels.txd); grass (plant1.txd); effects.fxp; effectsPC.txd; misc.txd; particle.txd]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:24:40 am by poxer »

Offline Teel

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Maximizing your in-game FPS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 09:12:06 pm »
FPS Lag Fix Guide by X.K

What you will have after using all fixes below:
  • Option to disable all in-game sounds, resulting in an overall great FPS increase for laptop/notebook users. (You can skip this if you want to hear sounds. See FAQ #1 at end of post for more details.)
  • Low quality textures resulting in a bit more FPS.
  • Original timecyc with reduced draw distance resulting in a great FPS increase.
  • No sand when shooting on ground, reducing FPS drops.
  • No gun smoke, gun flash, gun shells, resulting in a bit more FPS.
  • No small grass and leaves on the ground resulting in more FPS.
  • No moon, stars, coronas on headlights or lampposts resulting in a bit more FPS at night.
  • Black mirrors resulting in small FPS increase when you are near mirrors.
  • No motion blur or heat haze resulting in more FPS on high speeds or in hot weather.
  • No clouds (especially no laggy clouds at high altitudes).
  • No lightning on vehicles making them appear a bit darker, resulting in a small FPS increase.

Instructions:

1. Get a clean, unmodded GTA
  • MODS = LAG
  • If you don't have a clean GTA, you will have problems later on with these fixes
  • So, get a clean install of GTA San Andreas without any mods whatsoever. To make sure there are no previous mods left, uninstall SAMP, then uninstall GTA San Andreas and after uninstalling, remove the \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder as well.
  • Also delete the gta_sa.set located in My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\ folder (For Windows XP users) OR in Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\ folder (For Windows Vista or Windows 7 users).
  • Deleting gta_sa.set resets your Options to the default state. Don't worry, this file gets auto-generated when you start up GTA.
  • Install a clean GTA San Andreas and SAMP without any mods.
  • Connect to any server on SAMP. Type /fpslimit 90 in chat and press Enter.
  • Press Esc while in-game. Go to Options > Display Settings > Advanced
  • There, turn Draw Distance to minimum. Turn off Frame Limiter. Set FX Quality to Low. Set Anti-aliasing to No. Set Mip-mapping to No. Reduce Screen Resolution to 800x600x16 (or even 640x480x16 if your PC is really slow)
  • Close the game

2. Shrink your gta3.img using GTA Shrinker
  • Download GTA Shrinker: http://sf-rumble.com/fpsguide/gtashrinker
  • Extract the file anywhere
  • Open GTAShrinkerWin.exe
  • Enter your correct GTA San Andreas main directory in first box
  • Click the Shrink button to start shrinking your gta3.img file
  • Wait until it is finished.
  • Almost all your in-game textures including weapons, skins, roads, trees etc. will now have half of the original resolution. Also your sniper crosshair will look ugly (Don't worry though, we will fix it in next few lines using TXD Workshop)
  • Download latest version of TXD Workshop from here: http://sf-rumble.com/fpsguide/txdworkshop
  • Open TXD Workshop. Click the Open IMG button. Navigate to your GTA San Andreas\models folder and open gta3.img. Type tree_hipoly19.dff in the search box at bottom-left of screen. Right-click tree_hipoly19.dff in the panel above search box. Choose Replace from the menu. Replace with tree_hipoly19.dff included in this download: http://sf-rumble.com/fpsguide/laggytreefix
  • Doing this will replace a laggy tree around Mt. Chilliad and Whetstone countryside areas with a non-laggy one which saves a lot of FPS from being lost in those areas
  • Type sniper.txd in the search box at bottom-left of screen. Click sniper.txd in the panel above search box. Click the SNIPERcrosshair file in the middle panel. Click the Import button. Replace with the SNIPERcrosshair file included in this download: http://sf-rumble.com/fpsguide/originalsnipercrosshair. Click the Save TXD button. Doing this has restored your Sniper Crosshair with original one. It won't look ugly anymore.
  • Close TXD Workshop.

3. Use low quality particles and effects

4. Use the Maximum FPS Timecyc
  • Download this maximum FPS timecyc and gta_sa.exe required to run it: http://sf-rumble.com/fpsguide/maxfpstimecyc
  • Extract the files
  • Copy-paste the downloaded gta_sa.exe to the \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder. Overwrite when asked.
  • Copy-paste the downloaded timecyc.aaa file to the \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\ folder. Overwrite if asked.

5. Use crashes.asi
  • Note: This is very useful for laptop/notebook users as they have an integrated sound card and graphics card, which causes FPS lag when sounds are played. crashes.asi will help you disable sounds, preventing a lot of FPS drop.
  • Download the latest crashes.asi at https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/gtasa_crashfix/releases
  • Copy crashes.asi to the \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder
  • Download asi loader: http://sf-rumble.com/fpsguide/asiloader
  • Extract and copy-paste all files to the \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder. Overwrite if asked.
  • Start your game once, then close it. This will generate the crashes.cfg file in your \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder.
  • Using Notepad, open crashes.cfg file which got generated in the \Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\ main folder.
  • There, you will see some values like brightness, mousefix etc.
    Change sound 1 to sound 0 (This will disable all in-game sounds saving huge FPS loss when shooting)
    Change vehiclelighting 1 to vehiclelighting 0 (This will disable vehicle lightning giving a small FPS increase)
    Change specularvehicle 1 to specularvehicle 0 (This will disable vehicle specular lightning giving a small FPS increase)
  • crashes.asi has many other features too like quick connect, a lot of crash fixes, fps cap remover, mousefix for Windows 8 users and much more. Read the crashes.cfg_readme for further details.
  • Also, the best thing about crashes.asi is that it is allowed on Whitetiger's AC since it is released by Whitetiger himself. So, you can use crashes.asi without any problem on AC.
  • In fact, every single fix mentioned in this guide is allowed on AC. I have myself used and tested these all on AC. You won't get into any problems.

That's it! You can now enjoy having the maximum FPS that your PC can attain for SAMP!

Frequently Asked Questions:

FAQ #1: I can't hear any sounds in-game! What do I do?
Answer: Since you used the sound 0 line in crashes.cfg, you will not hear any sounds in-game, which causes a great increase in FPS for laptop/notebook users. However, if you still want to hear sounds, then open crashes.cfg using Notepad and change the line sound 0 to sound 1. Close and save the file and restart game to hear sounds again. But remember this: Sounds cause FPS loss on laptops/notebooks.

FAQ #2: The brightness is too high in-game! What do I do?
Answer: In crashes.cfg, try changing brightness -1 to brightness 128 or some other value.

FAQ #3: Everything in-game looks ugly! What do I do?
Answer: In Step 3 above, you shrunk your gta3.img. This is why almost every texture in-game has half of its original resolution, which makes your game look ugly but gives you more FPS. You can restore your original gta3.img by deleting the shrunken gta3.img and renaming gta3.img.bak to gta3.img. However, I wouldn't recommend using the original gta3.img since you will lose FPS which you could easily save by using a shrunken gta3.img
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:07:07 am by poxer »

Offline ►Torres★

• This user is banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 09:12:43 pm »
And for crashes.asi you need to download this short file ,then put it inside you gta folder.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Spice.

• Iam Still noob ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 09:33:28 pm »
its work  :)

Offline Masry

• Cow
  • ◕___◕
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 10:12:06 pm »
also another tutorial by X.K

FPS Lag Fix Guide by X.K
-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:20:01 am by Teel »

Offline ►Torres★

• This user is banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 10:13:43 pm »
You better don't shrink your game  ;)

Offline Dodge420

• Inactive - studying in University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:38:54 am »
Ya, I use it too. I have 328 - 400 FPS always.
Crashes.asi

Offline Terror_X_Crew

• We are all prisoners of our own identity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 01:47:34 am »
Why not?
When i had a weak laptop, i was using shrink gt3.img, it was much better because i had +5-10 fps.
Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but "if you want to test a man's character, give him power".

Offline fratello

• Server Administrator
  • лiжs.szлs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 05:20:27 am »

Offline ►Torres★

• This user is banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 07:21:26 am »
Why not?
When i had a weak laptop, i was using shrink gt3.img, it was much better because i had +5-10 fps.
I mean if you are already using crashes.asi you better don't *

Offline Teel

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 10:21:43 am »
And for crashes.asi you need to download this short file ,then put it inside you gta folder.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321
Added. Can't remember whether I needed this or not but good to have just in case.

also another tutorial by X.K

FPS Lag Fix Guide by X.K
-
Added. Also fixed some spelling and grammar in the text.

http://sf-rumble.com/index.php?topic=7697.0
Added.

Offline ZuHaiB

• hasta la vista
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 10:37:44 am »
shrinker is shit for graphics ...but crashes.asi is good for graphics +fps

Offline ►Torres★

• This user is banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 12:16:42 pm »
Teel you should keep only first 2 or 3 posts ,remove others. And this topic should be stickied and locked.

Offline weedz

• Server Manager
  • SA--MP player since 0.2x (2008)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »
ABK low resolution pack

This will remove dust from gun when fired at the ground, smoke from gun when fired, clouds at high altitude, low res grass, along with some other low res textures. Some other small things like removed JetPack Trail from its boosters, Nos Trail from the exhaust, etc... Not a HUGE graphical difference so dont expect your game to look like shit.
This should bring you like 10 additional fps.

http://anybodykillas.ucoz.com/randomshit/GTASA_LOWRES_PACK-ABK-.7z

ABK super low resolution

This one has alot more removed. This is a drastic cosmetic effect, but if u need it..use it. The other particle.txd included in the mod/pack should be sufficient for most though, but this is for you extra laggy fuckers :)

http://anybodykillas.ucoz.com/randomshit/particle.txd

[Files included: generic(vehicle.txd, wheels.txd); grass (plant1.txd); effects.fxp; effectsPC.txd; misc.txd; particle.txd]

Offline ►Torres★

• This user is banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 01:12:05 pm »
ABK low resolution pack

This will remove dust from gun when fired at the ground, smoke from gun when fired, clouds at high altitude, low res grass, along with some other low res textures. Some other small things like removed JetPack Trail from its boosters, Nos Trail from the exhaust, etc... Not a HUGE graphical difference so dont expect your game to look like shit.
This should bring you like 10 additional fps.

http://anybodykillas.ucoz.com/randomshit/GTASA_LOWRES_PACK-ABK-.7z

ABK super low resolution

This one has alot more removed. This is a drastic cosmetic effect, but if u need it..use it. The other particle.txd included in the mod/pack should be sufficient for most though, but this is for you extra laggy fuckers :)

http://anybodykillas.ucoz.com/randomshit/particle.txd

^ I am using this too, very good shit ,should be added to the first post  ;)